REAR WHEEL CYLINDER

1995 Pontiac Sunfire • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

95 pontiac sunfire 2.2 how to remove rear wheel cylinder. The brace that holds the return springs is in the way & I cant figure out how to get the brace or wheel cylinder off. My haynes auto book was no help. I was going to remove hub but found it is one piece with back plate. Was going to hammer the pins out of the brace but thought bad idea. Tried gently prying the brace off of pins. It didnt move. I took the spring & boots from new cylinder & put into old. But inside of old cylinder too bad & would not allow movement. Im a woman who knows enough to be dangerous. Ive replaced cylinders in older cars before & never had this kinda problem. : -( Heeeelp!
Shadodancr

Remove the brake shoes, first. Picture below. I give the same info to guys or gals.

I haven't looked at the abs system, where applicable, release fluid pressure, before taking anything loose.

As far as those top springs, I use a pair of vice-grips, grab the long neck on the top spring, pull it off the pin, and so on.