REAR WHEEL CYLINDER

1995 Pontiac Sunfire • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

95 pontiac sunfire 2.2 how to remove rear wheel cylinder. The brace that holds the return springs is in the way & I cant figure out how to get the brace or wheel cylinder off. My haynes auto book was no help. I was going to remove hub but found it is one piece with back plate. Was going to hammer the pins out of the brace but thought bad idea. Tried gently prying the brace off of pins. It didnt move. I took the spring & boots from new cylinder & put into old. But inside of old cylinder too bad & would not allow movement. Im a woman who knows enough to be dangerous. Ive replaced cylinders in older cars before & never had this kinda problem. : -( Heeeelp!
Shadodancr

Remove the brake shoes, first. Picture below. I give the same info to guys or gals.

I haven't looked at the abs system, where applicable, release fluid pressure, before taking anything loose.

As far as those top springs, I use a pair of vice-grips, grab the long neck on the top spring, pull it off the pin, and so on.

JDL, what application is your picture from?

Onefastneonrt
That question is from 2011, I believe that picture came from my database. I'm not supposed to use picture from my database, I'm supposed to use the site database, Mitchel.

I believe that picture came from a library database, ebscohost, I believe. Some libraries carry automotive databases, and at least one of their databases you can access on your home computer for free, if you live in an area they serve. If you live outside area, you can buy access for a small yearly fee, that's what I do. That is info on every year--make--model that they cover. Not the best info, but better than nothing.

Was the picture wrong?