WHY WONT IT ACCELL?

1995 Nissan Quest • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 170,000 miles

Over the winter I slept in the van for a week while it was running. The last night it ideled itself out of gas. Now ever since, it seems if I let it get under a quarter tank, it won't start. When that happens I add injector cleaner to the tank, and give the air box a shot of starter fluid and it'd start up. But after this past time, it hasn't ran right. If I step on the gas all it does is act like its about to run outta gas. So I gotta drive it barely touchin the gas. Forget about pulling out quick, going up a steep hill, or steppin on the gas to downshift and go faster. If it does downshift, the rpms go high but it doesn't accell. I'm thinkin either injecters, fuel pump, or clogged cat, but I don't know where to start.
TyAzz

Start by checking for trouble codes. Is the MIL indicating?
There are many possible causes such TPS, MAF, spark plugs, Injectors, fuel pressure, fuel pump etc.

Ok. How can I find out why the check engine lights on if autozone only uses the machine on 96 and up? What's does tps and mif stand for?

TyAzz
Throttle Position Sensor. Mass Air Flow Sensor.

Get the code yourself.

Entering Self-Diagnostics

Self-diagnostic system will operate in one of 2 modes. Self-diagnostic system normal operational mode is Mode I. With ignition switch in ON position and engine not running, connect a jumper wire between harness connector terminals "A" (Gray/Blue wire) and "B" (Blue/White wire), wait at least two seconds, and remove. System is now in Mode II. Reconnect harness connectors. See Fig. 1. System is now in Mode II. Reconnect harness connectors.

NOTE:
Modes cannot be switched while engine is running. When ignition switch is turned to OFF position while in Mode II, ECM switches to Mode I.

Mode II (Self-Diagnostics)

When Mode II is accessed (engine not running), codes stored in ECM memory will be flashed by MIL (CHECK ENGINE light).

Long flashes (.6 second) indicate first digit of code. Short flashes (.3 second) indicate second digit of code. For example: one long flash followed by 2 short flashes indicate a Code 12.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/nissan-obd1-diagnostic-trouble-codes-and-retrieval-procedure-1984-to-1994