FUEL INJECTORS

1999 Nissan Quest

1999 Nissan Quest 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140K miles

The van starts and operates perfectly until it reaches full operating temp. Then it spits and sputters. If it shuts off, then it will not start until it is completly cooled. At that point it will start right up and run flawlesswly until it reaches full operating temp. There are no codes, or check engine light on. The mechanic suspects the fuel injectors. But why would it start and run perfectly before reching full operating temp? This problem occurred suddenly, and the vehicle has been recently tuned and serviced.
Any advise or suspected problem you can think of?

Greatly Appreciated,
Mike
Mikes812

I cant see how it could be the fuel injectors either. I would suspect a heat soak problem in the ignition circuit like a crank sensor, coil etc. Has he checked fuel pressure? Does it lose spark? These are things he can check to start the diagnosis

Mastertechtim
Garage has no clue. I brought the van home. I started the van this morning, runs rough. I let it warm up and shut it off. I opened the hood to see the exhaust manifold glowing red hot. Scared the stuffing out of me. I suspect the catylitic converter?

Mike

Mikes812
Usually misfiring or running lean causes it to glow.

Mastertechtim