SPARK PLUGS

1995 Nissan Altima • 145 miles

I have a 1995 nissan altima, and it keeps dying out. The spark plugs are always loose and when I tighten them they become loose again. Just wondering why the spark plugs become loose? I drive it to the store which is 6 blocks away, and when I come back they are loose again. Thank you.
Josephanthony

That is very odd that they are working loose. First, make sure they are the correct plugs for your vehicle. If they are, make sure to torque them to the manufacturer's specs. If that doesn't help, the only thing left is to use something like loc tite. However, it may make it difficult to remove them for the next tune up.

The plugs tighten up so if they tighten up would'nt they be the right spark plugs? Or even if they tighten can they still be the wrong spark plugs? What is loc tite and what does it do as far as tightning the plugs? Thanks.

Josephanthony
The threads on the plug could be slightly different and allowing the plug to work loose. It is worth checking. As far as loc-tite, it is a product that you place a small amount on the threads, install the plugs, and it should prevent them from coming loose.