I RECENTLY REPLACED MY CYLINDER HEAD BCUS MY TIMING BELT SLIPPED OFF BENDING THE VALVES.. I GOT EVERYTHING BACK ON STARTED THE CAR UP AND IT IMMEDIATELY IDLES UP TO 5 GOES DOWN TO 3000 RPM'S AND STAYS THERE. THIS IS IN NEUTRAL AND 1ST GEAR W/ THE CLUTCH D

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 17,000 miles

Did not replace all the bolts back into the intake manifold or header manifold. About 2 in the intake an 3 on the exhaust header. Dnt really see how tht could affect the idle like that though
Allen707

HUGE vacuum and compression leaks. They give you a certain number of bolts, a specific torque setting, and specific torque pattern.

Rivermikerat
I torqued the head down the rite way to 25lbs then to 50lbs and also in the correct sequence.

Allen707
But you left bolts out. According to your original post. Missing bolts cause vacuum and exhaust leaks. These types of leaks cause extreme power loss and rough idling. Exhaust leaks can cause burned exhaust valves. Which means pulling the heads and at least replacing the valves, if not the whole head.

Rivermikerat
No I didnt put all the header bolts in and the intake manifold the, the head is bolted down to spec but the exhaust header an intake mani arent all bolted

Allen707
Here, I copy/pasted what you just typed: "No I didnt put all the header bolts in and the intake manifold the, the head is bolted down to spec but the exhaust header an intake mani arent all bolted "
"intake mani arent all bolted" means you left bolts out.

Rivermikerat
Yea from the headers not the actual cylinder head. The Head of the entire engine has 8 bolts tht need to be torqued and I did those. Will 2 bolts from the headers make it idle/rev like that?

Allen707
It could. But you also said you didn't install and torque all of the intake bolts.

Rivermikerat