MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE AXLE PROBLEM

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 135,000 miles

I have a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (2.0L MFI DOHC 4cyl) and I'm having trouble with the automatic transaxle. When I sit in traffic for a half hour or more, the transaxle starts to act up. It shifts into second gear and the only way to get it out of second is to turn off and restart the car. I took it in for a transmission service about a month ago and it seemed to be working fine. Then this week it started acting up again. It seems to happen more frequently if I'm sitting in traffic on a hill. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks!

When it goes to second gear that is limp mode meaning there is something worng with it. Have a trans guy scan it for codes it could be something electrical or internal but it will continue to get worse as time goes on. It may be an internal valve body problem as well.

Thank you for your help.

Thadwawro