GAS LEAK

1995 Mercedes Benz S420 • V8 2WD Automatic • 119,000 miles

I HAVE A S420 1995 GAS WAS LEAKING OUT OF CHORCOSL CANISTER AFTER PUTTING IN 1/2 TANK OF GAS AND ALSO CAR RUNS RUFF AFTER THAT
Toe

Possibilites here could be the liquid/vapor seperator, Vapor line restrictor and purge solenoid-You need to have the evaporative control system checked out thoroughly

I changed the chorcoal canister and the leak is gone but still when I put gas in it run really ruff and smells like something burning do you think it could be wire plugs cap rotor

Toe
When the last time you had those items replaced-too much vapor going into the engine from the charcoal canister will dilute the air and fuel mixture-check the purge/vent solenoid if its functioning properly if okay-Misfiring/Rough condition:

Engine running rough or misfiring can be cause by the following:

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

Changed spark plugs, wires cap rotor and still does it

Toe
Could be running too rich due to one of the following: 1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.