JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE CATALYTIC CONVERTER PROBLEM

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee • V8 4WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

The engine in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited started to vibrate every time the vehicle is started, in idle and every time I use the gas; in addition the sound of the exhaust has become louder. This started happening four days ago and seems to be getting worse, especially when trying to go more than 38 mile s per hour, the situation worsens. Can you please help me?
Amy_livings@yahoo.com

It sounds like the catalytic converter is plugging. Have you lost a lot of power?

Yes, it used to idle at 1 and now it idles at half that, and; as I stated before, I can't go over 38 miles per hour, it looses power and starts shaking real bad. Thank you so much for your help.

Sorry I have replied wrong, my boyfriend says that it has power it's just running really ruff and shaking and making noises when trying to drive more than 40mph

Have him check the catalytic converter. Also, let me know if the check engine light has come on. Finally, has the fuel pressure been checked?