GEO METRO BATTERY PROBLEM

1995 Geo Metro • 43,000 miles

Ok I have put a question on here before asking about this but I wanna give you have no and see what you think. Ok for background I just replaced the battery and battery terminals and use sandpaper to clean up ground also replaced Alternator. Right now when I go to start it nothing comes up on the dashboard and its beams and sounds like it just dies. If I go to jump start it it starts really easy and is drivable but then when it turns off it doesnt turn back on even have running for 20-30 minutes. Also when the car was jumped I had nothing on the dashboard headlights would turn on but massivly dim and no turn signals reverse lights hazzard lights not sure about brake lights. When I hit the turn signal it like 2-3 times like it happening then stops. Please help me badly need this fixed and answers.

Start by measuring the battery voltage right on the posts. It must be 12.6 volts. If it's around 12.2 volts, charge it at a slow rate for an hour. If the voltage is okay, turn on the head lights so there is some current trying to flow, then move the meter probes to the cable clamps and recheck the voltage. If it's okay there, move the negative probe to the body, then move the positive probe to the other end of the positive battery cable. If there's a smaller positive wire that bolts to an under-hood fuse box, measure there. If there's only one larger cable that goes to the starter, measure there. You're looking for the first place where the voltage drops down. That will be the bad connection that must be cleaned and / or tightened.