TURN SIGNAL PROBLEMS

1991 Geo Metro • 115 miles

Hi, The alternator went out in our Geo, we got a new one and thought things were fine. But notice the turn signals stopped working. Since then the turn signal switch behind the steering wheel has been replaced. The flasher unit on the back side of the fuse box on the left side of the driver has been replaced. Turn signals still don't work. Any ideas?
GlendaUlery

Have you checked the turn signal fuse to make sure there is power to both sides of the fuse with the key in the run position?

Thank you so much for such a quick response. Yes the fuses are good. We got the turn signals going. I was searching around on the web and ran across another site with auto repair advice. Anyway on that site a guy told of the specific way he wiggled the hazard switch on the dash. It would seem as if the square button pops off the switch or breaks due to age and being brittle that you are left with a small round white thing. The white thing gets fiddled with and dut dut ta dah! Turn signals start working. So for now we have turn signals and are keeping our fingers crossed. Thank you again and I might be back soon; who knows? Hi Ho Geo's : )

GlendaUlery
Glad to hear you got it fixed I would just get a new hazzard switch.