LEAF SPRING HELP

1995 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic •

I need to know what size socket I need to get the leaf spring shackle bolts out anyone have any idea?
Swenson

Good one. They are in and around 3/4 inch.

I believe it is metric because I put 3/4 on it and it is way too loose

Swenson
I don't have an F 150 here to check for sure. If 3/4" is loose and 5/8" is too small, 17mm is between them. Try that and let me know.

Maybe 7/8 was too big I know 19mm was too small for sure

Swenson
I can't imagine them being much bigger than that. Try a 22mm.

I just wanna make sure because I have to buy it and if its wrong than I gotta go through the whole hassel of returning and rebuyin

Swenson
I understand. I will check to see if we have any in for service tomorrow. The manual I use doesn't give me this info. If you can tell me the standard sizes you have, for example 7/8 is too big and 3/4 is too small, I can figure it out for you. Let me know quickly because it's 1am and I need to get to bed. I'll wait for a little while longer to see if you reply.

I believe 7/8 was too big and the next size smaller was too small so its between that

Swenson
7/8 is almost an inch. 1"= 25.4mm. I would say it should be around 22mm