TWIN I BEAM SUSPENSION 6

1995 Ford F-150 • 180,000 miles

My front tires lean in a long ways. It is only wearing tire tread on the inside. When I back up the tires either go straight or lean out. I have replaced the shock towers, Shocks. Next im replacing the coil springs. I don't know what else to do with it.
Rebelman93

The twin I-beam suspension is strong but it's the world's worst design for tire wear. Ride height is critical which means replacing the coil springs when they have sagged. Any tire and alignment shop will have a small book that shows where to take the measurements and what they should be.

The way you described it, it sounds like the alignment is shifting and adding to the problems. Fords are well-known for ball joints and tie rod ends separating leading to loss of control and crashes. If you see the wheels shift, you hear any clunking or rattles, or you feel any vibrations, have the steering and suspension systems inspected immediately.

Ford trucks also commonly develop accelerated right front tire wear. That can be reduced by installing a heavy duty strut rod bushing and heavy duty shock absorber. Both of those parts should also be replaced on the left side to maintain even braking and handling but it's the right tire that will benefit in terms of tire wear.