COOLANT SENSOR , HOUSING

1995 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

What is the housing called, that the coolant sensor is fastened into, on a 1995 ford f150, 5.8l
Suwlf

That would be thermostat housing

Docfixit
The thermostat housing is on the front of the motor, this is on the top, just above it, it houses the coolant temperature sensor, and 2 tubes for coolant, coming out of it, (the sensor screws/fastens into it, has a connector wire running to it), it is octagon in shape, has 2 tubes brazed into it also, 1 tube about 10 inches in length, goes into a heater core hose, the other smaller tube and hose goes to the throttle body base, I have a ford parts# its, #18B402 off of a 1995 ford 5.8l diagram, cant seem to locate this part anywhere, no 1 knows what it is called, and when I go to a parts wharehouse, the number off the diagram, comes back as a ac/delco brake drum, thanks for the help

Suwlf
Are there two wires connected one white/lt. Blue other red?

Docfixit
The wires that run to the connector, for the coolant temperature sensor, theres 2 of them, 1 is black with a green stripe, the other is white, with a red stripe, I bought a new sensor, with no problem, the part the sensor goes in, is the problem, I may have to do the repair my self, 2 new tubes, and some brazing well do the trick, was hopin to find this mystery part somewhere. Thanx

Suwlf
Diagram of 1995 ford f150, 5.8l coolant temperature sensor housing/tower? Part # 18599

Suwlf
Part # 12A648 is the coolant temperature sensor, that was no problem finding, part #18599 is the mystery part, with no name, that I cant find anywhere, thanx 4 the help

Suwlf
Been out of town that riser nipple would be a FOMOC part or bone yard.
Looked in all resources can't find what is status?

Docfixit