ELECTRICAL

1995 Ford Contour

I have a 1995 ford contour. The left turn signal suddenly stoped working. So I replaced the light bulb and that fixed the problem. But sometimes it turns on and off. So sometimes it work and others it doesnt. And I dont think its the fuse beacuse if the fuse was blown the neither of the signal lights would work. Im thinking that it could be a wire connection or the light bulb is loose. What do you think ight be the problem?
Mendesh805

If we assume the intermittent operation is related to the burned out bulb, check the socket for corroded or stretched contacts. Wiggle the bulb while the signals are turned on to see if that affects it.

If your car uses the round bulbs with the brass bases, look at the contacts in the socket to see if they have melted in a little. If they have, you can add a drop of solder to the contact after you shine it up or you can add a drop of solder to the contacts on the bottom of the bulb.