HOW DO I FIX MY THAT ONLY THE FAN WORKS, NO HEAT?

1995 Dodge Caravan • 180,000 miles

Last fall I flushed the radiater, running the water for about an hour, using a bottle of the radiater flush. I got a little bit of heat but in the morning It wouldn't even get slightly warm no matter how far I drove but in the afternoon it would be warm. For about a year now I have had only fan, no heat. My air conditioner when it run, it hums. I have only over heated twice but not bad, I stopped immediately. I have repaced the thermostat and I believe the heater core. The radiater soes have rust build-up, the hoses see, fine. I have a 18 year old son that does try to help but for the most part I try to get the job done myself. My ex is a mechanic but most of the time he has too much to say lol. Thank you Debbie sorry I wish I had $ to donate but right now I am living on 130 a week so I truly appreciate any help you can give to me. I can offer answers of other sort in return?
Djbundy

If I understand correctly, the temperature gauge will read in the "normal" range, you slide the temperature lever to "hot", but you still get cool air. If that's correct, there was a common problem caused by rust buildup on the pivot for the temperature blend door. The door sticks in one position, but the temperature slide **** appears to be working. In fact it is not. The cable attaches to the door's lever through a three-fingered clip. That is the self-adjusting feature, but when the door binds, the cable just slides through that clip and doesn't move the door. The clue is you won't hear the nice "thump" when you move the lever fully one way or the other. Another clue is the two heater hoses going to the heater core will be hot. If that sounds like what you have, I can describe the repair procedure. You'll need a rag, a can of spray oil with a stem, (Chrysler's "Rust Penetrant" is recommended), a can of "Spray White Lube", (also from Chrysler), and a drill and about a 1/8" drill bit.