WHY DOES MY A/C COMPRESSOR MAKE A CLICLING SOUND WHEN THE A/C IS ON?

1995 Cadillac Deville • 119,000 miles

The air is cool but not so much
WILL-E-G

Have the system checked for leeks as the refregrant level may be low.

Mhpautos
If the compressor is cycling, it could be a failing clutch, excessive pressure in system or a bad pressure switch.

Was anything done prior to this occurring?

I replaced the compressor with a new one about a year ago, last year it worked fine, I have recharged it and it blows out semi-cool air now.I have checked the pressure and its at the normal level.

WILL-E-G
What is the normal level? Freon level cannot be determined by pressures.

The freon pressure is within the 25psi to 40psi level. With the a/c on at its highest level.

WILL-E-G
What is the high side pressure?

We need more exact info if you want us to help you.

KHLow2008 not sure I dont have a fitting for that side, Roy basically I heard if my compressor is clicking it might be low on freon or the compressor clutch is bad. But I guess I will take it in for a check, maybe there's more to this. Thank you gentlemen for the advise and help.

WILL-E-G
The low side fitting is back by the firwall and the high side is closer to the compressor.

If the ompressor is cycling, it can be too high or low pressure or a failing clutch. It can also be due to electrical faults so a proper diagnosis is required.

The low and high pressure would be able to tell us something but if only one, then it does not help. A shop should be able to help you on this.

Page 1 of 2