IF COMPRESSOR WAS CAUSING IT TO SQUEEL,WOULD IT STILL COOL?HOW WOULD I TELL IF IT WAS THE COMPRESSOR.

1994 Toyota Previa • 210,000 miles

My air was cold last year, even though it was squelling, but it is not as cold now, like maby it needs more coolent.
Herbert martin

Whats squealing the belt?

No my belts are not squeeling. Its so loud at first it hurts your ears.

Herbert martin
Then it sounds like your ac compressor or ac clutch is bad.

I know one is bad, how do I tell which one is bad?

Herbert martin
Thats going to be the difficult part your best bet would be to just replace the whole compressor with the clutch to be honest with you.

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear, but with the miles on it, it would probably be better to switch the whole thing out.

Herbert martin
I always change the whole thing the price difference between the clutch and the whole compressor usually isnt a whole lot. You also have to change the drier so they will warranty they will honor the compressor warranty. If the compressor is coming apart you will have to flush the ac and replace the orfice tube or expasion valve which ever you have. You also must balance the ac compressor oil charge.

Car, s not worth the kind of money that would cost. Thanks for the info.

Herbert martin
Your welcome.