SL DRIVER'S WINDOW REPLACEMENT

1994 Saturn SL1 • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 155,000 miles

I have a 1994 saturn sl1. The driver's window was smashed in and I have been learning through the video's how to take everything off to get to the window. I can't afford the $260 to get it fixed and if I can do it myself, then I'll save $220.
Problem. The window (pieces that are left) sit in between a round thing with no screw holes that are mounted to a track. I took the track off, and can't figure how to get the round thingys off to release the leftover glass.
Thanks, Kimberly
Kgraham82

Those round thingys as you call them are the window nuts that hold the glass to window regulator. They require a two pin special socket to remove the nuts and install the new window glass using needle nose pliers etc results in broken glass. Otc 7827 google that with the words for sale and you will find one and see what iam talking about.

Ah, I see what you mean. Thank you very much for your help, so appreciated.
Kimberly

Kgraham82
Your welcome thats what were here for keep me posted on how it comes out. Make sure you get all the glass out of the window run channel there is always a lot of glass in there when they break the windows out.

Sorry it's been like a week later, it's been an adventure! We got the nuts off the window using a pair of needle nose vice grips and a pair of pliers to hold them tight. Couldn't find the socket anywhere in the lower mainland! I could order it from the states but that would have taken 2 weeks. We went to the wreckers and painfully took out a window with the track attached as no matter how much I sprayed it, I couldn't get the nuts off. Once window was out, we tried to take the nuts off the same way and it smashed. Arrgh! So I found the last Saturn with a window and took it out with track, took it home, and put it in with the track attached. Now it is fixed! Thank you for your help. I do have another question though.

Kgraham82
I had to replace the coolant temperature sensor on the engine this morning as my fan was not working. I've had it on a toggle switch for weeks now. So sensor replaced and fan works great! Now after doing that, the service engine light and the water temperature light go on (they were never on before), and I don't know how to get them to shut off. The rad is full, the fan works. Hmmmm?

Kgraham82
The reason you need that socket and its so hard to remove those nuts is because those nuts are locktited on. Glad to hear you got it fixed what is your other question?