94 WITH NO ELECTRICAL POWER.

1994 Pontiac Sunbird • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 56,000 miles

My 94 Sunbird LE 2.0 ran fine a couple weeks ago, it wouldn't start today. I swapped a new battery out of my S10 into it and even though that battery was fine my Sunbird had absoultely no power to any part of the car. No lights, no starter clicking, nothing but if I hooked a battery charger to the S10's battery I did get power to my lights and my starter would at least click. The terminals are clean with new terminal bolts installed.
I fail to see why a battery charger would make my lights work when the battery itself wouldn't and when I put the battery back into the S10 it started right up. So I know it's not a battery issue at least.
Iamweasel

Check and test all the fusible links, battery connections and ignition switch -start here

Dont forget your grounds and the wires at the starter, and make sure your batt is good, and lets not forget the starter itself.

Thanks guys, finally got to it and it was the starter. Just a note for future Sunbird starter problems. It is easier to remove the starter if you take off the heater blower motor cover (if you don't have a full size car lift in your garage)and once in there, you might as well change both negative and positive cables.

Iamweasel