KA24 TIMING CHAIN NOISE

1994 Nissan Hardbody • 175,000 miles

I put a new timing chain, guides, and tensioner on my 1994 Nissan pickup with a KA24 and it sounded good the first time I drove it him and it's been about 5 months since replaced but not long after I replaced it the noise was there and I heard the alternator bearings can go out and sound close to timing chain do I assumed it was that waiting on replacing kept driving the truck. Last week replaced the alternator no change. So I room off the valve cover and the tensioner side was tight but other side wasn't. I turned the motor over a couple times and then both sides were tight and I did it again and then it was loose again any ideas?
Cbrjohn

You may have a bad tensioner. It may be collapsing

I read that it could be something in the oil like old gasket material clogging up the oil galley to the tensioner so it will only work sometimes? And if I jacked up on the oil pan that it could have pushed it up so the oil pickup is against the pan and can't pump
Oil? But think its most
Likely a tensioner?

Cbrjohn
Tensioner.