MY SL500 WILL NOT START. IS THERE IS THERE A FUSE THAT CONTROLS THE IGNITION? IF SO, WHERE IS IT LOCATED?

1994 Mercedes Benz 500sl • 34,600 miles

My 1994 Mercedes Benz SL500 will not start. It has less than 35000 original miles, new battery, and new fuses. I have disconnected the battery to reset the anti theft device. I have made sure all doors, trunk and hood and gas cap are closed properly. Then I locked the car, waited a couple minutes and unlocked the car. All lights on dash come on but car won't turn over.
Propicturetaker

Is the security light on solid or flashing?Also do you have a muktimeter?

The security light is not on and does not flash. I have a multimeter that I used to check fuses prior to replacing them.

Propicturetaker
So the starter is inop correct?

I don't know. It started yesterday and now it won't. A local Mercedes Benz mechanic told me that it was a bad fuse. I don't know where the fuse is located that controls the ignition.

Propicturetaker
I need to know if the starter works or not so I can help you?Does the starter rotate the engine around?

No, the engine does not turn over at all.

Propicturetaker
I need the build date month and year?Should be on the drivers door or door opening.

The date on the drivers door is 10/93

Propicturetaker
Just making a suggestion. Try to start the car in neutral!