ES300 TRANS. PROBLEM

1994 Lexus ES 300 • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 150,000 miles

I have a 1994 Lexus ES300 and it takes 15 minutes before it will go forward in drive. It goes into reverse immediately. It is getting progressively worse because it used to be 8 minutes before it went forward in drive. This has been going on for a year now. Any help would be appreciated. I am on a limited retirement income and it costs a lot for car repair in Panama, so please take that into consideration. Thank you in advance.
PanM
Panm

Sound like the transmission is slipping-Check the fluid level and condition if okay-bring it in and have it further check-also have the TPS and VSS sensors checked too.

Hi, rasmataz. Thanks for info. Can't bring it in. I live in Panama City, Panama. What are TPS and VSS sensors and where are they located?
Thanks again. PanM

Panm
The TPS -throttle position sensor and the VSS is the vehicle speed sensor-You need a repair manual

Hi, Rasmataz

I have a Body Electrical System and 1MZ–FE ENGINE. Pdf file and did
a search on both for TPS and VSS and the search turned up nothing.

What type of repair manual? Do you know a location to download for free?

Thanks for your help.

PanM

Panm
Another question, Ras.

Since the car goes forward after 15 to 20 minutes and is good all day, and goes into reverse immediately, it seems to me to not be a Velocity or speed problem, such as VSS or TPS. What is confusing me is that it shifts o.K. And goes forward normally after the intitial warm-up of 15 minutes. How would the VSS or TPS affect that?
One person wrote me on another web site, and suggested that a seal is not soft or a valve jammed until it gets warm. Just don't know.
With the electronic control of a ton of stuff in the Lexus, where does one start? Thanks for any help.
PanM

Panm