HOW DO YOU GET THE FAN OFF TO REPLACE WATER PUMP?

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 210,000 miles

I'm trying to replace the water pump on my jeep, I have the 6 cylinder 4.0. I have the shroud off, belt, power steering bracket. I've been told there is a drive nut between the fan and pulley but my jeep does not have this drive nut. I have removed the 4 nuts that the fan assembly attaches to pulley and the 4 bolts that attach the fan blade to the fan clutch. I still can't get the fan to come off. Is there something else I'm missing, I used a rubber mallet to try to pound the fan off and that hasn't worked. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce77trj

There is a special long wrench required to attach to the nut, secure the pulley and turn counterclockwise. This is usually done first before removing anything.

THIS CAN USUALLY BE RENTED AT A POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE

THIS IS WHAT A SET SORTA LOOKS LIKE...THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Fan-Clutch-Service-Kit-KD-Tools_22981282-P_N4420D_T%7CGRP2107_____

USUALLY YOU "PURCHASE" THE LOANER SET---YOUR $$$ IS REFUNDED WHEN YOU RETURN THE "COMPLETE" SET WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH IT.