DISTRIBUTOR ROTOR

1994 Honda Prelude • 4 cylinder Automatic • 156,600 miles

Hey I was wondering how you would change a distributor rotor. I tried to get the screw holding it on off but its too tight. How do I get that loose? Please help thanks
Gingy012

An impact driver is required at times.

Also I have tried a regular Philips screw driver and I started to strip it a little so I stopped so any other tips thanks because this is tight

Gingy012
Remove distributor.
Have someone hold the distributor while you use a hammer and punch to hit on the screw to get it to loosen and then use a good impact driver to loosen the screw.

But when you remove the distributor wouldn't you have to retime the engine after putting it back in? And the distributor is still working great I just changed the cap and the rotor still seemed good but I have a new one I want to put in and one final thing where would I get the screw because the new one didnt come with one? Thanks

Gingy012
Mark the distributor position before removing. Use a sharp object to scribe across a mating point between the distributor and cylinder head.

You are not going to damage the screw and if it is, you would have to check the junk yard or places where they sell bolts and nuts. Hammering the top of the screw would get it to loosen but you don't have to use excessive force. Removing the distributor would avoid damaging the bearings and distributor.