BRAKE PRESSURE DROPS ONCE CAR IS STARTED. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS?

1994 Honda Civic • 330,000 miles

Hey im having a brake problem on my 1994 honda civic cx. I just bought it, it had a bad cv axle and caliper. Replaced them both and now I have very little brake pressure when I start the car. Before I start the car the pedal feels good and firm from bleeding it and once u start it, it looses alot of pressure. I can still stop but it comes close to hitting the floor by the time it starts to stop. I dont remember if I said abs cv axle or not does that make a difference? Any info would be great

Cliffquigley3

Try rebleeding your system or have a pro do it. Make sure master is full when you do this.

I do all my own work I know how to bleed brakes. Ill do it again and see thanks for the reply.

Cliffquigley3
Check rear brakes and adjust if required. Too much clearance between the drum and shoes would result in the symptoms you mentioned.

Axis
If the pedal is dropping under light pedal pressure, you may have a bypassing brake master cylinder, if you hold firm pressure and it stays up look into this as well.

Mhpautos