WHAT IS CAUSING NO POWER TO THE EEC ?

1994 Ford Escort • 130,000 miles

We started out with a no fuel situation. We replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump relay to find out that wasn't the problem. After actually testing the fuel pump relay and finding out that EEC powers the fuel pump relay, We tested for voltage for the EEC relay and no voltage from the ignition was present. The engine cranks but will not start. I've checked the fuses and they seem good. I spoke with a friend about it and he thinks it could be a solenoid fuse link but I can't find one.

ANY IDEAS

Doug
Dougroll!

For what liter engine?

The Ford Escort is a 1.9L

Dougroll!
Check this diagram

Although the diagram and wire color coding is somewhat different than the one I have From Haynes, it promted me to recheck the fuses again. I have power to the fuse box in the engine compartment and none of the fuses are blown and none are blown inside the vehicle. On my diagram it says meter from the I/P fuse panel to the EEC/PCM relay, so I pulled the fuse labeled meter and checked for voltage with the ignition in the on position and found no voltage. On your diagram it said engine from the I/P. I checked that with ignition in the on postion and no voltage. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Doug

Dougroll!
Is the marked fuse on the diagram hot on both sides

When I pulled the fuses in the engine compartment and check either side of the prongs, only one side was hot. The inside I/P fuse panel I checked where the plades went in on both sides and no voltage with ignition in the on position. I also checked for continuity between engine/meter fuses to EEC relay and there was a connection on both sides!

Doug

Dougroll!