FORD E-SERIES VAN ENGINE PROBLEM

1994 Ford E-Series Van • 47,450 miles

Does anyone know where the evaporative emissions canister (fuel vapor recovery system) is located on a Ford E-150 van with 5.8 liter fuel-injected engine? Also, there is a vapor recovery valve with three hoses attached that I cannot see from above the engine. Please advise as to where it is located.

Check along frame by fuel tank, purge solenoid is at rear of engine

Thanks much. I will look to the rear of the van for the canister. I think I found the solenoid at the rear of the engine, but I also read that there is a separate valve for the canister. The parts catalogs show a round plastic spool with several vacuum hose ports. Could that be located next to or on the evap canister?

Bobmacmaster
Yes it could have the lines going right to the cannister if it isn't underhood then its' by the fuel tank. Normally there is a red connector for solenoid for cannister.

Thanks again. That helps! I am headed out now to crawl under the van and inspect the area near the fuel tank for deteriorated hoses.

Bobmacmaster