I HAVE A Z71 FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.. IT WILL NOT FIRE AND IS NOT GETTING GAS.

1994 Chevrolet Truck • 160,000 miles

I changed the ECM and it ran for about 30 minutes and then shut back down. Now I can't get it to start.
Jhuff74

I meant it is NOT getting gas

Jhuff74
Why did you change the ecm? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. If your tbi, you have to tie into the supply line. Sometimes it is easier to tie in at the fuel filter, if the engine compartment is really cluttered. Just make sure no pressure on the system, before you take anything loose. Any applicable trouble codes?

Truck was not getting gas or firing, changed ECM, ran for about 30 min. Then shut back down. It does have 12 volts going to coil

Jhuff74
No codes

Jhuff74
What is litre size of engine? Engine cranking, do you have spark at the plugs.

You can take spark plug wire loose, use spark tester in boot, ground metal part of tester to metal part of engine, engine cranking watch for spark. Is there spark?

If something is causing the ecm to go bad, you need to fix that issue, first.

With engine cranking, it's the ignition module that controls spark. Do you have TBI fuel injection? If the computer doesn't see an rpm signal, no injector pulse. The rpm signal comes from the pickup coil to the ignition module to computer for distributor ignition.

It was a fault in the ignition module and a broke wire on the pick-up coil. THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Jhuff74
Glad you got it going your way.