CHEVROLET SILVERADO STARTER PROBLEM

1994 Chevrolet Silverado • 5,000 miles

I replaced the starter/celanoid and the alternator, it has new positive and negative cables to the battery but the starter is still dragging on my 94 Chevy 1500 4 Wheel drive. I have checked the grounds and still dragging/won't start. Any ideas?
Mikefisher

The motor timing may be too far advanced for the starter to crank it freely.

The motor itself may be tight. Pistons may be egged shaped causing hard cranking.

Before going there, double check your grounds.

Did you get a high torque starter?

I do not think it was a high torque starter. This is a reman engine from gm, out of a 97 tahoe. It has 5000 miles on it. The pistons wouldn't be egg shaped in that short period would they. The truck was starting just fine up until a month ago. I developed a leak in one of the tranny cooler lines and shortly after that it wouldn't start. The celanoid was bad on the starter I took out, I took the bad one in and got the same one that was on there. I have checked and double checked the grounds.
I will start with setting the timing back.
Thank you.

Mikefisher
I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS RIG---I'M A JEEP CJ KINDA GUY

ON OLDER CHEVYS I'VE DEALT WITH THIS WAS AN ISSUE

MAYBE IT'S TOO CLOSE TO THE FLYWHEEL----CAN THIS STARTER BE SHIMMED ASEMaster6371?