CADILLAC DEVILLE FUSE PROBLEM

1994 Cadillac Deville • 250,000 miles

Question: 1994 Cadillac Deville Fuse 5 (60 amp) maxifuse controls:

1) right & left heated seats (don't work)*
2) electronic level control (doesn't work)*
3) trunk lid pulldown (doesn't work)*
4) power antenna (does work))
5) rear defogger (don't know)
6) mirror defoggers (don't know)

The smaller fuses for these items are good.
Where is the best place to look an open circuit?
I don't have a wiring diagram, know where wires go.
1994cadillac

For the heated seats and levelling control, start by checking for power supply to the fuses, D5 underhood. Fuses could be good but are you getting power to them?

I have the various schematics attached.

First you need to do is test the # 5 fuse for power supply. Next you go to trunk fusebox to test for battery voltage at the various fuse. If you have power to defogger relay and none to the fuse box fuses, the problem should be at the fuse box.

I borrowed a multimeter tonight. I checked the fuses in the engine compartment.
Rows 1 and 3 and most of 4 showed 13.74 volts.
Row 2 (containing pcm bat, rtd bat, ac comp, hdlps, stop lp, turn haz - for some reason all ran around 14 volts.
In row 4 l hdlp lo, r hdlp lo, lhdp hi and r hdl hi showed nothing - but, I didn't have the headlight switch pulled out.
I took all readings with the engine running.

In the trunk - the fuses for: the trunk pld, elc, r htd seat, and l htd seat all were 13.74 volts.

Thanks for the diagrams.

1994cadillac
Problem is not due to fuse or missing power supply to the rear fuse box.

Now you would have to start with individual circuits and there is a possibility somewhere a connector is loose.

Start with the easiest to handle and I believe it is either the trunklid pull donw or the antena. At antena relay, test for battery voltage for the Orange wire.

You are right on the money, but is is getting too cold old for me to work on it now. I'm going to take it in and have a mechanic do it. But, you have narrowed it down. Thanks for all your help.
I consider this question answered. Now, how do I award the donation to you? Thanks, Mike

1994cadillac
You're welcome and thanks for the donation.

Just click "Upgrade Question" and you can proceed to donate from there.