CAR PROBLEM

1994 Acura Vigor • 5 cylinder FWD Automatic • 164,000 miles

I have a 94 acura vigor when I turn my ac or headlights on the motor strains(good alternator and brand new battery) and causes the check engine light to come on and then it won't rev over 3000 rpms and my rpms gauge jumps. The check engine lights says it my crank position sensor code 4, and I replaced it with a new one and still does the same thing, And I checked my plug wires while its running and when I pulled my 3rd spark plug wire out it would arc at the distributor(new wires and I checked them) please help.
Antnstart11

Was anything done prior to this occurring?

When the spark plug cable is disconnectecd with the engine running, the sparks need to find a grounding point and that is where you would see the arcing, near the distributor cap.

As to Code 4, did you test the wiring circuit for the sensor?

When the CEL is triggerred, the ECM woul go in limp mode and would not allow you to rev the engine moe than 3500 rpm.