NOT START THE FOLLOWING DAY

1993 Volvo 940 • 200,000 miles

I just replaced the battery in my 1993 940 wagon only to have it not start the following day. What could cause this to happen? I had a problem with my fuel pump which I replaced. Drove the car for about a month and one morning the won't start. The engine would barely crank over, thought it was a bad battery, charged it and it started. Drove the car where I needed to go and when I got back into the car it won't start. Thinking the battery was dead, I replaced the battery that afternoon. Got up the next day and the car won't start.
Davidcal

Charge or jump-start the battery, then measure the battery voltage. With the engine running, the battery must measure between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, the generator is not working.

then go here

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

Start by measuring that voltage. All you need is a very inexpensive digital voltmeter. Harbor Freight Tools has them on sale all the time for $5.99, and sometimes as low as $2.99. They work just fine.

Thanks alot, that really helped.

Davidcal
What did you find?