STALLS

1993 Saturn SC2 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 180,000 miles

I have 1993 Saturn SC2, car stalls when depressing brake pedal. I also can see signal lights illuminate when brake pedal is depressed. Is this a short of some kinda and where do I need to look first. Thanks for the help.
Kvdubman

So does it only stall when your coming to a stop and hitting the brake or will the engine shut off if your going down the road and step on the brake?So your turn signal indicators light up on the cluster while stepping on the brake?

No it will stall if it is setting still at idle or upon stopping it doesn't matter. Yes both signal lights illuminate upon pressing the brake. Thanks for the quick reply.

Kvdubman
So the engine doesn't shut off while your driving and hit the brakes then come back on when you release the brake?Have you checked to make sure all the bulbs in the brake light assembly's are all the correct one's?Also have you tried removing the brake light fuse to see if it still dies while stepping on the brake at idle?