OVER HEATING

1993 Pontiac Grand Am • 90,000 miles

So orignally the car was constantly reving but we got that to stop and now it just seems to be over heating. We have replaced all sensors, thermostate and gaskets, radiator, head gasket, water pump and gaskets but it is still running hot. Between half and 3/4. What else could be causing the high temp.
Aidenms2003

That is probably normal operating temp for it. Test with a manual or infrared temp gauge they are pretty cheap if it's around 210 or so on top hose don't worry about it.

So to clarify the temp gauge inside the car is reading between 220 and 250. The needle gets to right before the red. We cant find any leaks of any kind and nothing is mixing with the oil that we can see.

Aidenms2003
220 may be a little high as they normally stay at 210 when warm. Thermostat should have been a 195 stat, check to see if your fans are going on they may not be then check underhood fuse box for fuse and relay. If you have two fans one will only run with a/c on. What engine is this?

I have a 2.3L 4 cylinder engine (vin 3) single over head cam. Its automatic if that matters at all.I replaced the raditor cap and, the fan isnt coming on when the car is running but it dose come on when the ac/heat is on.I only have one fan in my car.

Aidenms2003
And when I unplug the temp sensor the fan comes on like it should

Aidenms2003
You can test the temp sensor for ohms when water at boiling it should be 177ohms a little lower at your temp you are thinking. Also you may have installed the head gasket on backwards or there may be an internal crack in the head.