FORMULA LT1 STARTING

1993 Pontiac Firebird • V8 2WD Automatic • 188,000 miles

My car turns on and some times, not everytime it just dies as I'm driving and will not start, I wait a few hours and it sometimes starts up again. I checked the fuel presure when its not starting and its fine so its not the pump, but I check the ignition and I don't get any fire. I changed the ignition coil and the ignition module and problem still exists and this car doesn't have a crankshaft sensor. I checked the wires to see what has fire and what has ground both when the car is on and when it doesn't wanna start and there is no difference. I lost!
Jtjslim

The first thing I would check is your optisprk distributor. You need to check for spark OUT of the optispark. You can still be getting spark from your coil down to the opti and nothing out. Also chek your coil again using a gap style spark tester as I have seen them fire the lightbulb kind and still be the cause of a non starting issue. You will most likely find nothing coming out of the opti. I have replaced MANY opti's on many LT1's and Ihave seen everything from just non starting to hesitation and everythign in between. If your opti does show spark out I would then look at our starter!

Dougiefresh