MERCURY TRACER WINDOW PROBLEM

1993 Mercury Tracer • 225,000 miles

I have a '93 Mercury Tracer LTS, 5 speed, with power windows and sunroof. My windows wont work, wont blow air whether if I have the a/c on or heat on, and my windshield wipers wont work as well. But if I turn the a/c on, I can hear the compressor kick in. None of it makes sense to me, and Im a mechanic myself, but can figure out what it could be. I would like to get other's opinions before I buy those parts to see if that fixes it. I tried running a hot wire to both the windshield wipers and the blower motor, and nothing. One day, it did that to me, and I had left the neg battery clamp off overnight, and it started working again. Stayed that way till summer, and it did it again and wont work again no matter what I do.

Check the blower resistor and the blower motor. One or both may be failing.

Check the master switch for power to verify there are commands to the window motors.