DRIVERS SIDE POWER WINDOW WORKS OTHER 3 DONOT

1997 Mercury Tracer • 100,000 miles

3 power windows donot work drivers side front window works
Problem

Will they work with individual window switches? Are you just trying to operate from master switch?

What about your lockout switch?

Window locks are not on and we have tried each button and master

Problem
At the moment, I think the problem is the master switch? Check the hinge side of rear door, wiring harness. Black wire with blue tracer is voltage for power window, hot/voltage with the key on. Note diagram below. At the rear window switch, the wires on either side of the wire just mentioned are grounds, one ground for up, the other ground for down.

I am having the same problem. Do I need to replace the whole master switch? If so, any recommendations where to get it? I am having problems finding it for a reasonable price. One company quoted me $500 just for the part, which is ridiculous. Thanks for your help.

Sarah Meikle
Hi Sarah, is your vehicle the same year make and model as listed? If you make a new post, more people will see it.