93 HEATER CONTROL VALVE

1993 Ford Bronco • V8 4WD Automatic •

I need to know how to adjust the heater control valve under the dash if there really is one.
Scottsfree10

No control valve, this has a blend door system, adjust the cable this way: ADJUSTMENTS

TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE

Remove glove box door. Disengage cable from retaining clip, but DO NOT disconnect cable from
crank arm. Move temperature control **** to cool position and hold it in place. Push cable jacket to
seat door and install cable in clip. Test cable adjustment by moving lever to both ends of range and
listening for door to seat.
If both heater hoses comming from the heater core are hot, the blend door is NOT moving, if the inlet hose is hot but outlet is cold, the heater core needs more flushing, or replacement. If both hoses are cold, check antifreeze level and thermostat, also rarley but known to happen is the impeller blades on the water pump disolve over time and may not be pumping enough.

Merlin2021
Thanks for the help. What I'm wanting to do is just the opposite, I need heat. So I'll just reverse what you said to do and I should be good! Thanks again.

Scottsfree10
No DONT reverse what I said, this IS THE procedure to make sure your cable is adjusted to get heat!

Merlin2021