ENGINE LIGHT ON, NO CODES

1993 Dodge Caravan • 160 miles

Does the service light come on for a tune up reminder at 160,000 miles? I think it did the same thing at 100,000 miles. Then just turned off after a few months. I cleared the codes at Advance auto came back on. I have a state inspection due and I don't think it will pass if there's a trouble code?'
Mike L

Turn the key from off to on three times. On the fourth leave on count the flashes of the light and post here 55 will be the last code.

Merlin2021
I don't get any flashes tried 4 times. Also, O'reilys parts store said there are no codes. If its a tune up light reminder how long will it stay on?

Mike L
You must be referrinfg to the Maintenance Required Light. That is a reminder for servicing emission control components and you need to reset it with appropriate scan tools.

I guess it's off to the dealership, to scan for trouble codes. My small town auto shops and auto parts stores can't find my trouble code. There MUST be a trouble code.

Mike L
If it is the service reminder, you might not have any trouble codes. The reminder is mileage triggerred.