FOUR WHEEL DRIVE NOT ENGAGING.

1993 Chevrolet Truck • 140,000 miles

I have a 1993 ck1500 and the four wheel drive isn't locking in. The front wheels will not pull in nor does the light on the floor shift turn on? I was thinking probably my actuator but wanted professional advise. Thank you for your time.

Justin
Grierwolfe

Check to see if the actuator works when you switch to it. Either with a test light or voltmeter.

I unplugged the actuator, started the truck, and put in 4 high. I crawled under the truck and put my volt meter into the incoming line and it show I have 12 vdc. I plugged it back in and tapped the outside of the actuator with the butt end of a screwdriver in case the fluid in it was gummed up. Didn't hear anything engage. I'm not quite sure what the other line is. Maybe a vac line?

Grierwolfe
Sounds like you aren't getting the actuator to work they are like $100 on newere trucks may be cheaper for yours check prices. Ther eis vacuum that goes to front axle.