TRUCK, 4 WHEEL DRIVE, 4 CYLINDER. HAVE TO POP CLUTCH TO START. JUST CHANGED ALTERNATOR, CLUTCH. IF I TURN KEY OFF IT WILL NOT START AGAIN. LOOKED UNDER TRUCK, HAVE TWO WIRES, HANGING FROM WHAT LOOKS LIKE THE TRANSMISSION. ONE YELLOW, I BLAC

1992 Nissan Hardbody • 19,500 miles

Truck will only be started by poping clutch. Can't turn off because it will not start. Checked the wiring looks o k except for 2 wires loose and hanging. One is yellow one is black. To transmission? Just put in new clutch and new alternator. I just need some idea of where to begin to check or where these two wires need to be connected, or? Thanks in advance. Happy New Year. You will make mine if I can get this fixed right.
Lanjohn

SEE MY ADDITION TO THIS POST ON NOV 2---MOST OF THE TIME THIS IS THE PROBLEM(S)

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2008-ford-f-250-wont-truck-start

IF YOU MEAN IT WILL "ROLL START" WITH THE KEY ON---YOU ARE GETTING IGNITION---STARTER JUST AIN'T WORKIN'

IT COULD POSSIBLY BE THE STARTER, IF YOU REMOVE IT, MOST POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORES WILL TEST IT FOR FREE

MY MONEYS ON THE INFO IN MY LINK

KEEP US INFORMED

Check the starting circut. For start signal from the ingnition switch and its going to the starter. When the key is in crank poss.

Cadieman
Can u b more specific on how to check the start signal?

Lanjohn
Youll need a cheap test light. Test the wire on the starter seloniod that comes from the ingition switch. To get power when u turn the keyto start poeition.

Cadieman