MITSUBISHI GALANT IGNITION TIMING PROBLEM

1992 Mitsubishi Galant

My car 1992 Mitsubishi Gallant, suddenly changes its idle. It goes up and goes down. I called a Mechanic and informed me that the problem is with the servo, he tried to clean the servo using carborator cleaner. It went back the idle is now fine. However, theirs a problem with the timing, When I accelerate the response is late. Although the idle is in 800. What do I need to do? As he leave me hanging without the correct timing, he was able to timing the last time he cleaned the servo however after a few hours the timing is bad. Can you please help me?
Danilobalanon

Idling and igntion timing are 2 different thing. Most people mistake idling for ignition timing.

Were the spark plugs checked?
Was the ignition timing checked?
How are the condition of the spark plug wires?

Yes we already had check the spark plugs. Spark plugs are new together with the ignition cables.

For the ignition timing, where can we find and check on this? Can you help me please, I'd like to do this on my own. Too many mechanics already check on my car and was not able to fix it. Maybe with your help I can.

Danilobalanon
If ever, what do I need to do with the ignition timing? Does this has something to do with the injection fuel? Sorry as I only know the some of the basics. Or does it has something to do with the correct timing of the timing belt? Please help. Thanks

Danilobalanon
You would need a timing light to check the ignition timing.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-an-ignition-system-works

The above link explains it all.