STRIPPED TREADS ON BLOCK

1992 Honda Accord

While pulling the head to replace bent valves, the bolts that fasten the head (2) seemed to have been tighter to remove but had to be done to remove the head to replace valves. When re-installing, two of the head bolts never tightened so the treads in the block were stripped. I went to several engine machine shops, and nobody was able to repair this problem as due to special tool needed to get down deep into this section of treads. Is this true or can I repair myself by heli-coiling?
Steveal01

Helicoiling is what I do whenever required but ensure you get a good quality helicoil with sufficient threads.

While retightening, do the process with more stages of tightening with smaller jumps in torque.

Thanks. I had about 5 shops refuse the job and 3 machine shops that do not perform on honda blocks so was out of luck. My local part stores for heli-coil type but (autozone, oreilly, napa) don't even carry the size (m12x1.5x30mm) for these bolts. People along the sites best tool is to use a time-sert due to strength needed for the head but is very expensive (over 400+ spc'l dowel needed for this f22 engine). This might be my only route. Thanks for the advise.

Steveal01
You're welcome.

Good luck.