92 VP HEATER/DEMISTER NOT WORKING.HOT AIR COMES TO CAB BUT WHEN I OPERATE DEMISTER CONTROL AIR DOES'NT COME THROUGH VENTS.

1992 Holden Ute • 24,000 miles

Heater demister problem
Ellegee

The bi level control is vacuum operated and often on the older commodores and utes the vacuum switch and or hoses are at fault, listen under the dash drivers side next to console for any hissing noises.

Mhpautos
No hissing noises apparent. Hoses appear to be connected correctly and in good order. Noted that when I remoyed hose connector from switch should there be air emmission.

Ellegee
There should be vacuum, check the hose (small) going through the fire wall and hooking into the inlet manifold at the rear, that is the vacuum supply line.

Mhpautos
Found a disconnected vacumm hose at front left side of engine, but darned if I can see connection nossle.

Ellegee
Just been re thinking, have a look around the throttle body underneath and at the rear, been a while sine I did a VP, check the length of the hose and see wher it lays around the manifold, I will still try to find the exact port in a manual and re post.

Mhpautos
Just had a thought, I think the VP had a vacuum accumulator under the front of the L/H/ guard, so lay the loose vacuum hose along the fire wall and you may find the rest of the hose going to the accumulator, I will check further.

Mhpautos
Doesn't appear to be anything for this hose to connect to. Car is 5.0 ltr v8 model with gas conversion. When blocked hose off I got vaccum to the fitting at the switch fitting, but when I hooked back up still no function of settings.

Ellegee
Your in luck, I just had a 5 litre VP booked in for later to day, when it gets here I will have a look at the system.

Mhpautos
It just got towed in. On the L/H side of the fire wall there is a round rubber grommet with one vacuum hose and below that a small pipe (part of the A/C system) the vac hose run along the L/H guard behind the strut tower and it goes to the vac accumulator under the guard, a second vac hose is seen here as well that is the vac line that runs to behind the inlet manifold, problem will be that as this also has gas, all the coolant hoses make it very difficult to see wher it actually goes, I think that this car has a stuffed distributor so if I have to take it out later to day I may see some more. Stay tuned.

Mhpautos