CAR WONT START WHEN HOT

1992 Ford Fairlane

1992 Ford Fairlane 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

my 1992 ford fairlane will start first thing in the morning and run perfectly but when I switch it off and try to start it again it wont start.
Blade75

Hey I have a 96 fairlane which is doing the exact same thing I have to wait for the engine to cool down and it will start perfect. But now my service spanners come up, so im not sure if iys due for a service or its an actual problem ive been told it could be a dirty earth.

Mavenjayne
Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Hey for my 96, I would have to rule out the fuel pump as I only just installed a new one. But when you go to start it everything comes on fuel pump works but wont crank totally dead even if it dose this will it still produce a spark?

Mavenjayne