CADILLAC DEVILLE BRAKES PROBLEM

1992 Cadillac Deville • 150,502 miles

I replace my front brakes and my brake calper do I need to bleed the back brakes even if I didnt do anything to the back brake

Darren washington

Yes, bleed the entire system.

I do it only if the brake pedal/stopping does not feel right.

Fixitmr
If you had a good brake pedal before you replaced the brakes and you didn't open any brkae fluid lines, then you don't have to bleed them at all. However, once you finish the brake job start the engine and press the brakes 10-20 times to push the caliper piston outward to it's proper position. The brake pedal will go further than usual toward the floor until the pistons are in the proper place.

Freemba
I broke one of the back brake caliper thing were u turn to bleed them its really old and rusted so do I got o replace it

Darren washington
So do your brakes work ok? Or are you just gonna bleed them to be SAFE as they say? If you are gonna bleed the back, then yah, it's easier to replace the cylinder to do it. Although I have drilled out old screw, retapped, used my thumb to bleed, and then reefed in a bolt to seal it in emergency situation.

Fixitmr
The brake pedal goes all the way down to the floor b4 it stop but it do stop im worry about the broking screw that goes to the back drum were u turn to bleed the brakes im sorry I thought it was a caliper, and how do u drill the old screw cause the old drum been on there since the car was make in 1992 I dnt want to spend moey I don't have to

Darren washington
U will need to replace the wheel cylinder they are cheap enough.

Cadieman
You can also bleed form wheel cylinder itself by taking a shoe off and letting cylinder piston leak the air/fluid by using hand to restrain pop out and then re assemble.

Fixitmr
You will need to replace the wheel cylinder. Another cause for a low brake pedal is that the rear brakes are adjusted properly. This will cause a low brake petal also.

Cadieman
I personally hate workin on brakes on older cars since the parts are usually rusted up. Lots of hassles to deal with if your not careful. Replacing parts is easiest route but also can dent the wallet.

Fixitmr
Page 1 of 2