CADILLAC DEVILLE BRAKES PROBLEM

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

My 1992 cadillac deville brakes do not work. I shifted from park to drive and the car took off. The brakes were completely locked up. The pedal for the brakes felt like a brick it would not work. I had to shift it into park so it would stop. I have a automatic transmission. I changed my master cylinder and break booster almost one to two months ago. I also can not get my brake drum on the right rear side. Thanks.
Sean03

Rock hard pedal indicates booster not functioning.

Fixitmr
What about it taking off. Im not touching the gas and it just goes.

Sean03
Idle too high?

Fixitmr
How do I fix that. When I turn it on it revs up and it never use to do that. Thanks.

Sean03
2 problems may be related. A big vacuum leak would make booster fail and car rev.

Fixitmr
Check booster hose itself.

Fixitmr
Push off and warmer buttons on the a/c panel untill u see all the segments light then release it will start going through all the cpus write down the codes and come back.

Cadieman
No error codes I checked for that today. The hose is on the brake booster. I thought for sure I would find a code today but I didn't

Sean03
Unplug it and test the vac. On the hose with a gauge!

Cadieman