TROUBLESHOOTING

1991 Mazda b2600 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

I have a 1991 mazda B2600 pickup.I rebuilt the engine from scratch. Timing, compression-good. Ignition system(coil, ign. Mod, pick up coil) all brand new. When I got it finished, I flipped the key and it started right up. My father and I were standing in front of the truck admiring how well it was running and then it just turned off like you turned the key off. Hasn't been started since.P.S.-Computer is new and refurbished to todays standards and the distriburator is new. Just once I would like to see light at the end of the tunnel. Oh and bye the way i've already talked to one of those mazda mechanics online and they couldn't tell me anymore than I already knew, and I paid them. You give me answer that works and I will be more than happy to make a nice donation
Bryan 007

Do below as suggested and comback with your testing results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

Fuel filter, pump work good. Put a noid light on injecters all good. Cam sensor is in the new distributer, crank sensor didn't come out until 1995, blue spark present(bluish white w/yellow halo), coil input voltage 12v, all cylinders had over 120-150 on the compression, bought a computer and had it updated and is garranted

Bryan 007
Also, starting fluid has no affect

Bryan 007