RECHARGING THE AC UNIT

1991 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder • 122,000 miles

I have a 91 Honda Civic, I recharged the AC with R134 because the person at Autozone told me that all I needed was the connection kit. The AC wasn't working for quite sometime before I did this. How can I tell if I messed up my cooling system? My compressor is still kicking on just fine. The AC worked for a couple of days then stopped blowing cool air again. Is there anything I can do short of taking it in to get repaired?
Wildhrt98

When you charged it was the system completly empty?How much did you put in the system?Did you add any dye to the system when you charged it?

There was no dye added. The unit was completely empty to my knowledge.

Wildhrt98
If the system was low or empty of those cans you charged it with should have had dye in it so you could find the leak. How much did you charge the system with when you charged it up?Also you will need gauges to see what the pressures are or your best bet is to just take somewhere that they can look at for you.

I used the gages and got it to fill to the correct pressure, my problem is that someone said I may have messed up the system if the sytem was R12 and I used 134, I don't know what it had before but everything on the car was original down to the clutch so what ever it had was probably the same.

Wildhrt98
When you charged it did the fittings where you hooked it up have threads where you had to change the fittings to the r134 ones?Also when charging you go by weight of how much charge you put in not pressure. How many 12oz cans did you put in?