I HAVE LOSS OF POWER

1991 GMC Sonoma • 91,000 miles

When I experience loss of power, if I smack the dash just passenger side of center, it will correct itself for a while. It was by accident I found this but I have done it numerous times and result is immediate, whereas if I do not hit the dash it stays at lost power. I don't have much money right now, so my donation is small, but I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.
Gabriel Lane

Sounds like your jaring something the computer is over in that area. Do you have any codes?

No codes. The comp is at foot of passenger side and was replaced about a year ago. I am thinking it's gotta be a short of some kind. Something loose, it feels like if an injector were clogged and when I hit the dash unclog feeling. I know they're different issues, just trying to describe the feeling.

Gabriel Lane
I had a 1992 chevy s-10 I knew the computer was over there on passenger side somewhere. So when it looses power does it idle different?

Yes, even stalls completely when idling.

Gabriel Lane
Iam thinking maybe a loose ground in the dash.

I will definitely check that out. Thanks.

Gabriel Lane
Your welcome what engine do you have?